Camino de Santiago
Camino de Santiago is one of the most famous pilgrimage routes, the most used part is the French trail which lies very close to our village. Many people from all over the world, even the most remote places, have gone their way either on foot, by bike or on horseback.
We know many of you are seeking a different kind of accommodation to rest. That is why we offer you a unique and outstanding place so that you can stop and relax. Your horse or pet are welcome so they can rest and recover from the hard trail.
If you are tired and unwilling to walk 3 more kilometres, we can pick you up at Mansilla de Mulas (a nearby village) and we can bring you back to the trail the following day.
There are many interesting places to visit:
- Mansilla de las Mulas. Distance: 3 km (5min)
- Museo Etnográfico Provincial de León in Mansilla de la Mulas. Distance: 3 km (5 min).
- León. Distance: 20km (20 min)
- Piscinas de Valencia de Don Juan. Distance: 21 km (20 min)
- Valencia de Don Juan. Distance: 21km (20 min)
- Museo de la Industria Harinera de Castilla y León (MIHACALE) in Gordoncillo. Distance: 45km (40 min)
- Astorga. Distance: 60km (40min)
- Cuevas de Valporquero. Distance: 66 km (1h)
- Estación de esquí de San Isidro. Distancia: 85km (1h)
- Picos de Europa. Distancia: 100 km (1h 30min)
- Las medulas. Distancia: 150 km (1h30min)
From Villacelama you can see River Esla, one of most important rivers of the northwestern Spain. There are areas to swim and the river is perfect to canoe. You can combine your stay with any sports you can find in our area:
- Mountain biking
- Indoor football
If this is not enough for you, a few kilometres from here you can find the following, depending on the season of the year:
Some of our most popular dishes are:
- Morcilla de León (black pudding)
- Cecina de León (smoked and cured beef)
- Tapas por el Barrio Humedo
- Cocido maragato (Spanish stew)
Come and try it, and you’ll want to come back!
Villacelama festival week
San Isidro: May 15th.
Nuestra Señora: August 15th.
Astorga festival week
The last week of August.
León festival week
Genarín: the night of Holy Thursday.
San Juan y San Pedro: June 24th and 29th.
San Froilán: October 5th.
Valencia de Don Juan festival week
2nd and 3rd weeks of September